Senior Engineer - Highways
Balfour Beatty Living Places provides highways maintenance, street lighting and public realm services to local authorities, helping to create places where people want to live, work and play.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer with highways surfacing experience to join our Living Places business unit to work in Southampton. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of smaller schemes in and around the city.
Delivering professional services in a range of situations to meet professional standards, customer needs and business needs and expectations. The role will blend technical design engineering with management and project management.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain accurate proposals & programmes for all schemes
- Manage time allocation from all staff to projects
- Provide regular updates to team leader regarding programme, costs and quality
- Ensure risk is adequately identified, managed and escalated
- Ensure change control are implemented and followed for all projects
- Look to minimise maintenance risk and whole life costs for all parties
What we’re looking for:
- Be educated to a HNC/HND as a minimum
- Have previous experience of managing highways surfacing projects
- Understand civil engineering contracts, CDM regulations, and risk
- Be PC Literate and knowledge of MS suite including Word, Excel & Project
- Have good communication skills and show confidence in a client facing role
- Be willing to travel to multiple site locations & hold a full driving licence
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299134