The BBI Group offers a portfolio of products and services to the diagnostic, healthcare, research, defence and food industries globally.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. Through innovation, partnership, effective delivery and the collaboration of our people, we constantly strive to help set industry standards, engender trust and build our reputation for excellence.
As a business, we are currently progressing through an exciting period of growth and as part of our exciting expansion plans, we currently have an opportunity to hire a Web Developer for our BBI Novarum division. The role will be based at our Edinburgh site.
BBI Novarum created and developed The Novarum Reader, a power software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostics (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smart phone.
The salary offered for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBIs attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care scheme
- Generous annual leave package totalling 32 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Participation in the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for gathering client requirements, test workflows and build a web portal to record. You will also be required to process and analyse the test data that is sent to the portal for processing through the Novarum mobile reader applications.
Key responsibilities will include but bot be limited to;
- Requirements Gathering - To be able to work with business users to capture technical requirements and communicate these back to the client while ensuring these match their needs.
- Web Development - To produce code that is well structured, efficient, stable and secure. Best industry practices will be used in a way that allows other developers to quickly understand and input into the code.
- Database Management - Set up and monitor database maintenance activities and to optimise query performance and maximise system availability for the web.
- Web Hosting - Develop strong working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers.
- Managing Lifecycle Development - To be involved in the full lifecycle from requirements analysis, design, development and support, using structured methodologies (whether Agile, Waterfall etc.) that allow other developers to pick up where you left off.
- Issues Resolution and Tracking Management - You will monitor and oversee the level of issues raised and resolved, implementing continuous improvement strategies to areas that keep recurring, ensuring a smooth technical support service to your clients.
- User Interface Design (UI) - Looking at user journeys, menu navigation, graphical layout and user functionality. Therefore, you will be able to assess the users needs and methods of using the application, be able to map this and effectively translate this into technical requirements.
- Unit Testing, System Testing - To undertake and ensure that all Client requirements meet their original design and behave as was intended by the end client/user
As a Web Developer, experience with Python, Django and MySQL is essential along with multi-tier application, architecture & and development database design. Knowledge of mobile development is also desirable.
We are looking for someone who has a technical mind-set, good communication skills and can work to tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Experience of efficient algorithm design and experience would also be an advantage.
To be considered for the role we are looking for someone who has an undergraduate degree in Computing, Mathematics or image processing/machine vision experience at a post graduate level.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297223