Stores Team Leader
Stores Team Leader
Our client saves lives! They specialise in manufacturing and supplying Gas detection equipment across the globe.
The logistics department is responsible for the accurate receipt, storage and issuing of stock to internal and external customers, as well as the picking, packing and shipment of goods worldwide complying with national and international regulations and law within the company's quality procedures and processes.
Main objectives of role:
- Host start up meetings with the stores team to communicate company announcements and daily actions
- Support the activity of the Logistics Operators including receiving goods into stores, following FIFO rules when replenishing stock and picking for internal and external customers.
- Accurately reflect any physical transactions on EFACS.
- Maintain stores in a clean tidy condition, 6S.
- Look at areas for continuous improvement; raise and implement.
- Support Logistics Coordinator with projects and implementation of new processes.
- Understand the Kanban process and adhere to the process.
- Continually monitor product shelf lives and adjust accordingly.
- Maintain strong health & safety culture.
- Take part and administer stock takes in business.
- Identify training needs with manager.
- Liaise and report to relevant department regarding stock issues.
- Produce monthly reports and issue KPI's
- Carry out any other duty deemed appropriate by manager
We are looking for someone who is a tenacious character, able to recover situations that require a 'can do mindset' and able to gain support from others through persuasion. If you have a track record of delivering results within a challenging environment, then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Track record of delivering results within a challenging environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299961