Mechanical Design Engineer
Due to the growth of our client’s successful business they need to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to increase the strength of their design team. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate his/her ability to carry out the role, which will include the following key points.
- Work with colleagues from all areas of the business to develop innovative design solutions aimed at providing practical, effective special purpose machines and tooling for customers from a number of different industrial areas, In particular food, dairy, brewery and pharmaceutical.
- Understand a design brief and convert this into solutions that combine technological innovation with practicality and high quality to ensure that the designs are both fit for purpose and can be manufactured in a cost-effective manner.
- Take responsibility to turn design ideas into working engineering solutions, producing CAD models and detail drawings. (Solidworks and Autocad)
- Liaise with suppliers throughout the design process to ensure procured items are available in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Basic engineering mechanisms and also manufacturing, assembly and automation processes.
- Qualified in mechanical engineering or related discipline, with at least 3 years proven hands-on 3D Cad design experience in the arena of special purpose machinery and tooling.
- Suggested level of formal qualification would be HNC/HND, though proven engineering skills, experience and knowledge could be more beneficial.
- Experience of working to design budgets and is able to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of Solidworks is essential; experience of other 3D CAD packages should enable the right candidate to become proficient in the use of Solidworks in a short period of time. (Training will be provided, as required.)
Location - Derby
Salary - £22,000 to £26,000
Environment - Office based at manufacturing premises/workshop
Hours of Work - 39hours - reasonably flexible, but typically:
- 8.00am – 4.00pm Mon – Thurs & 8.00am – 3.30pm Fri
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298104