Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £40,000
PDQ are partnered with a leading engineering business based in Surrey who are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team, you with have the ability to design and detail mechanical systems. You will have a strong knowledge of materials and finishes combined with a wide understanding of manufacturing processes, geometric tolerances and BS ISO standards is essential.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Design Office Manager, the individual will work as part of a team and be responsible for the production of product design documentation, against prescribed physical and functional performance requirements, including compliance with safety standards.
Producing compliant designs that are economical and safe to manufacture, inspect/test and maintain whilst meeting the standard of fit for purpose.
The role includes production of CAD models and drawing creation using SolidWorks 2016. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be desirable.
Working knowledge and experience
- Mechanical design and drafting of assemblies and detail parts to ISO/BS standards
- Analysing the design by the use of SolidWorks and FEA
- Creation of BOM’s on company MRP system
- Assisting in Sales proposals providing 3D models etc.
- Creation of Assembly Procedures
- Liaising with production and sub contractors as and when required
- Creation and maintenance of Technical file, effective records of design compliancy, calculations and source data
- Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Liaising with customers and overseeing installations may require occasional travel
- Designing and detailing mechanical machinery systems with precision components
- Designing for ease of manufacture.
- Machinery Directive. (2006/42/EC)
- Understanding ISO standards relevant to drawings and geometric tolerances including Limits and Fits to BS4500
- Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a design and manufacturing environment
- Time served an engineering apprenticeship advantageous
- Good communicator and ability to work as part of a design team
- Attention to detail with excellent data management and configuration control
- Motivated with a positive attitude and determination to ensure tasks are accurately performed and completed on time
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexible with a hands-on approach as and when necessary.
If you are open to a new opportunity and this role is of interest, please apply with a current CV and PDQ will get in touch to discuss.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298827