Senior Systems Engineer (Network Infrastructure)
Job Role: Senior Systems Engineer (Network Infrastructure)
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Senior Systems Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Are you an IT professional looking to work in a new and challenging environment? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Senior Engineer at their site in Surrey.
As a Senior Engineer, the successful candidate will be breaking down requirements, designing and documenting solutions then developing and conducting design proving activities.
This role will offer the successful candidate a challenge in taking their commercial experience and translating it into a demanding defence orientated environment.
- Preparing and supporting presentations of design review material at product phase reviews to allow progression through the engineering lifecycle
- Providing technical input to the project management team to produce robust cost estimates, technical risk assessment and reduction
- Developing and testing components of the CI Product suite ensuring that both functional and non-functional requirements have been met prior to submission into formal test
- Investigating and addressing technical issues by modifying existing designs or correcting design defects
- Ensuring that all change records are maintained to accurately track the product's design baseline
- Experience of programming with either C++ and or C#
- Knowledge of scripting, e.g. PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash scripting
- Experience with network programming, using sockets TCP and UDP etc.
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Experience of software integration
- Experience with UML modelling
- Experience of Enterprise Architect, Serena Dimensions, Subversion, DOORS, TeamCenter, JIRA
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299221