What you'll do
As part of the ongoing regulatory agenda there are a number of high profile projects initiated within Market Risk including the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and Credit VaR. You'll work on multiple concurrent workstreams at different stages of delivery, engaging with the business and change functions to understand business and functional requirements. You'll facilitate the production of a suitable technical design based on the functional specifications produced by the change teams. You'll also ensure the technical designs have been through the appropriate architecture review process with sign off to move ahead.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing the day to day development activity using scrum/agile approaches
- Communicating technical designs to each development stream
- Designing and developing the components required for all aspects of project delivery
- Understanding and communicating how we transition from our current state and move to our target end state
The skills you'll need
You need a good knowledge of risk within an investment bank environment, and you'll ideally have a solid grasp of FRTB regulations. You'll have extensive technical experience which will have equipped you with knowledge of Scala, AKKA, JAVA and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Apache Kafka. Along with proven hands on experience of architecting, designing and developing real time enterprise solutions to successful conclusion, you'll have fantastic leadership skills and experience managing a technical team. With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you'll be comfortable influencing and challenging stakeholders up to a senior level.
You'll also have experience of:
- Market Risk, and running a large cross application technical delivery using agile techniques
- Delivering technology solutions to business problems within a global organisation
- Building relationships with both technical and non-technical resources and stakeholders
- Working well both independently and within a team split across multiple centres
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298983