Our Client is looking for an experienced Java developer on a Permanent Basis.
Join us in London as an Associate Developer
- You'll be taking on a hands-on design and development role within our London Team, working on a high-profile technology replacement project
- This is an opportunity to gain excellent exposure, as you collaborate with our Front Office, Finance, Market Risk, Model Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, and Counterparty Exposure Management functions
- You'll be helping to deliver and maintain a platform that will provide consistent views of risk and profit and loss (P&L) with customisable summary views
What you'll do
Our Foundry function is the strategic store for core risk for our Rates Front Office, P&L Attribution, and IPV for NatWest Markets, and has also been extended to house AVA calculations, Threshold reporting and PV ranges. A multi-year consolidation of enterprise risk systems is in progress for 2016 and 2017 and you'll impact the delivery of a target architecture end-state.
You'll be working on a technology replacement project for the strategic risk and P&L store and aggregation engine for Corporate Banking. We'll look to you to assist with the delivery of this system across multiple business areas, and you'll be responsible for the provision of 3rd line on-call support, on a rota basis, with occasional call outs.
You'll also be responsible for:
- The design, development, testing and release into production of new functionality through the stack across a number of technologies and components
- Technical analysis and data modelling
- Maintaining the platform drilldown capability based on a hierarchical approach for Risk, Trades, and Market Data contexts
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent communication skills, and experience of distributed, concurrent systems design and development. Along with extensive experience of professional Core Java application development, you'll have a broad awareness of distributed systems support, profiling, debugging, and deployment.
As well as this, you'll need:
- A basic understanding of key Rates & Credit instruments, relevant market data and risk measures, and an understanding of professional Scala, Spark or grid compute development
- Working knowledge of Maven, Git, TeamCity, SonarQube or similar tool-chains, and at least one type of message bus technology, such as JMS or Kafka
- Knowledge of SQL, including basic transactions, queries, joins, conditionals and sub select patterns
- An awareness of Linux environment and bash scripting as well as Agile or Scrum practices
- A proven track record of designing and building robust, resilient, scalable, high performance applications
Experience of Oracle Coherence or a similar in-memory data grid or distributed caching technology would also be highly beneficial.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297998