Process Engineer, Project Manager
Process Engineer – Swindon
PDQ are partnered with a global medical technology business that are creating advanced medical devices at their manufacturing site in Swindon and now looking to add to their Process engineering team.
The Process Engineer, a specialist in Moulding, is required to lead and provide technical support for the specification, purchase, installation and qualification of Plastic Injection Mould tools and equipment. Projects will include new products, capacity expansion and process development on pilot and industrial mould tools and equipment.
As Process Engineer (Moulding), you will also be responsible to provide support for fault finding and process improvements on existing mould tools and equipment as well as exploring new technologies for plastic injection moulding and process technologies.
As Process Engineer (Moulding), you will;
- Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness).
- Manage project activities in accordance to project schedule and budget while working in collaboration with Cross-Functional teams
- Ensure all documentation, activities, equipment and facilities comply with site cGMP, Health, Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
The successful Process Engineer (Moulding) will have an intimate knowledge of mould tools and processes in order to support development. You will also have;
- Plastic injection moulding technologies, mould tool designs and process development knowledge and experience.
- Problem analysis, fault finding on injection mould tools and equipment.
- Design of Experiment for plastic injection moulding process development.
- Project management skills (MS Project) , structured and controlled working practices with clear and accurate documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Risk analysis / FMEA, Statistical analysis / SPC system, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Good level of hands on engineering experience in plastic injection moulding within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of polymers and injection mould tool designs.
- You will be educated to a Degree / HND level in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Polymer science or similar disciplines.
If you are interested in this role please apply and PDQ will get in touch to discuss and move your application forward.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298031