Nine Twenty Engineering are delighted to be working with our Glasgow based global manufacturing client to recruit an Engineering Manager (Multi-skilled - Electrical Bias)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading well respected manufacturing organisation who have seen significant growth and investment over the past few years. Reporting to the General Manager, the Engineering Manager will have overall responsibility for engineering ensuring a high level of internal & external customer satisfaction, whilst ensuring all safety, budgetary, delivery and quality requirements of the business are effectively executed within their function.
- Overall responsibility for all engineering activities within the business.
- Ensures all Engineering output meets the technical and safety requirements of the customer and all relevant standards
- Identifies, obtains and manages external specialist engineering resource requirements
- Manages the engineering function to ensure delivery of a safe and technically compliant production line with local processes and procedures to the relevant QCD targets
- Develops and maintains the quality procedures in conjunction with EHSQ and ensures that they are consistent with the standards and practices used.
- Plans and maintains current and future workload requirements for engineering and design resource
- Ensures that the technical and design content of technical tenders is validated before tender submission
- Provides technical advice, support and guidance to the commercial team for the development of processes and tools for tender management and tender responses
- Develops training, development and succession plans to support the short, medium and long-term requirements of the Engineering functions
- Drives a culture of customer focus within the Engineering functions to support turnover and profit growth plans
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement for engineering to achieve market leading capability, involving all staff from a cross section of the function and on site business
- Ensures effective processes and controls are in place to support all business activities in line with business objectives
- To manage allocated resource and activity in line with agreed targets and programs of work, and to maximise productivity and output
- To conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports with the view of setting SMART objectives in line with agreed objectives and to also map agreed development of Team Members as required
- To provide regular reports to the General Manager on engineering activities against agreed targets
Educational Requirements & Relating Experience:
- Engineering and EHSQ background
- Degree qualified Engineer
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Experience in the Rail/ heavy engineering industry is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Professional, diligent, reliable and trustworthy
- Experience in building and managing high performing teams and culture
If you have the relevant skill set and would like to find out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV for the attention of Nicole Lavelle, Nine Twenty Engineering.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296932