Group Financial Accountant
An opportunity to join the Group Finance function of a FTSE 250 Global business, based in West Midlands, as a Group Financial Accountant. The role offers a clear career progression pathway supporting the group strategy to drive growth and increase operating profits.
A global specialist engineering group that designs, manufacturers and services highly engineered products, based in the West Midlands. The Group work with industrial customers across a range of high growth sectors. The FTSE 250 business has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Drive improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and systems within the department
- Management of accounting and monthly reporting for various head-office entities;
- Assist with the preparation of the Group's Annual and Half Year Financial Statements, including full responsibility for the Group's consolidation process;
- Project manage the subsidiary statutory accounts process and prepare the statutory accounts for a number of UK entities;
- Work with our auditors to ensure an effective and efficient external audit process;
- Assist in reviewing and analysing the impact on the Group of upcoming changes in accounting standards;
- Assist with the preparation of acquisition opening balance sheets, as appropriate;
- Support the forthcoming transition to IFRS 16 for the Group; and
- Other ad-hoc finance related projects as they arise.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be:
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience of listed Groups preferable
- Strong communicator - ability to confidently present ideas and information to Senior Management
- Strong IT skills, experienced in use of Excel and ability to pick up new systems (previous use of Cognos is an advantage)
- Hard work and driven
- A team player
- Working knowledge of a foreign languages is desirable but not mandatory
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297165