Project Manager (industrial engineering)
£33,000 - £38,000 PA + pension + 31 Days Holiday
M & N seeks a dynamic Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of engineering solutions from their Portland, Dorset Head Office depot. Reporting to the Operations Manager Portland, this role will involve significant project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams including project and service engineers working with and repairing waste water equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK.
This Contracts Manager / Project Manager job would suit an experienced and commercially astute Mechanical Engineer, qualified to HND level or equivalent that is capable of proactively managing a team of engineers or technical personnel to deliver engineering projects from start to end. Ideally the candidate would have the ability to understand the systems and processes associated with waste water treatment and will be very computer literate with a good grasp of the common Microsoft software packages. Knowledge of NEC3 contracts is highly desirable. This role will be primarily based from our office in Portland, Dorset, although you will expect to make visits to sites to provide customer engagement, conduct planning and provide direct management of projects where required.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- The coordination and delivery of high priority engineering projects within a defined region.
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects to meet defined project parameters; time, cost and quality.
- Manage and advise other operations staff on contractual obligations.
- Carry out site inspections/visits and compile survey reports for quotations.
- Estimate jobs, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits whilst maintaining quality standards and an excellent customer service.
- Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management to the engineering teams assigned to projects.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts where requested.
- Function in a way which supports the business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company.
- To be consultative, problem solving and offer a solution orientated approach leading to sales of packages/value added systems including design, manufacture, supply, installation, commissioning, service, repair, maintenance and supply of spare parts.
- Be responsible for the profit and loss of project
- Ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 are maintained and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer’s specific regulations.
Some travelling will be undertaken within the UK which may require occasional overnight stays.
Qualifications - essential
- Engineering qualified ideally to Degree/HND or equivalent experience considered.
- Project management trained (desirable).
- Confined spaces to City and Guild (desirable).
Knowledge & Skills - essential
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of waste water screens and the systems and processes within which they work (desirable).
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of staff and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- Project management, planning and coordination.
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- IT literate – excellent computer skills.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Produce and use GANNT charts.
- Excellent financial and commercial understanding/mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Some years’ experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment
- Some years’ experience of managing a team for successful delivery of time critical engineering projects.
- Water industry/environmental experience.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Managing Contracts (NEC3 etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management and staff.
- To work as part of a team and to manage/co-operate with other staff.
- Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
- Must hold a current valid driving licence.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297035