New Product Introduction Engineer (Automotive)
Our client a leading T1 Automotive supplier, are currently looking to recruit an experienced NPI Engineer to join their business and take technical responsible for a designated production line. It is essential candidates hold a relevant Engineering Degree and have previous experience of working within the Automotive industry and Blow Moulding experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To understand the line process, functionality, controls and effects, to be able to support any event that may occur on the line.
- Work with the Preventative Maintenance Engineer to ensure the correct TPM is planned and performed on the line to maintain OEE to the business expectation.
- Support the business objectives for OEE improvements and scrap reduction. This is to be done by monitoring line performance, identifying critical failures and implementing solutions to improve performance / PPS Methods.
- Support cross functional team to resolve any process issues, including any customer quality concerns
- Support Manufacturing Feasibility reviews where required / Production Trial runs
- Support customer meetings / discussions where required. This may be in the form of customer audits, technical discussions, problem solving or any other business.
- Discuss with suppliers when sourcing parts / services and agree costs, lead time and delivery.
- Manage suppliers when on site to ensure compliance with H&S and that the supplier performs the job as expected and agreed.
- Lead and develop new ideas as part of VA / VE and other continuous improvement activities
- Take the Lead for new product introduction, managing all aspects of the industrialisation process to enable a successful launch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299208