Senior Infrastructure Engineer - SAN, VMWare, Windows, 3rd Line
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Windows Server, SAN, VMWare, Virtual Desktop, Firewall, Network, Exchange, Active Directory.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Profile
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer’s role is to ensure that the IT system technologies in place deliver a highly available flexible and secure platform to support the business, employees and overall operations. This includes implementing and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems and supporting peripherals.
You should be comfortable working in a highly pressurised environment with like-minded technical people.
Office hours: 09.00 to 17.00
Support the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager to:
- To provide Infrastructure operational support to the company’s users.
- To share appropriate technical knowledge with users and to provide training on systems as required
- Maintain working relationships with third-party suppliers & service providers
Support the Information Production & Implementation Manager to:
- To assist in the implementation of technical projects where necessary.
- To support the Production site; patch management, backups, uptime targets
- Plan and deploy information security measures.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Essential Key Skills
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 administration
- Exchange Server 2010/2013 administration
- Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 administration
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Active Directory administration/ maintenance
- Server virtualisation (VMWare)
- SAN technologies (Storage)
- 3rd Line Support
Type of person
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone under their own initiative or as part of a team
- Computer Science or Information Technology Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant work experience.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to build on their existing windows & network skills, working on exciting projects whilst learning new technologies in a fantastic working environment.
Keywords: Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server, VMWare, Mobile, Firewall, Exchange Server, SAN technologies, Active Directory, Avaya, Microsoft Office
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296862