PLC Maintenance Engineer
Are you an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with exceptional PLC fault finding and coding skills? If the answer is YES, please read more about this fantastic opportunity we have to join one of the UK’s leading organisations on one of their most prestigious sites. In this role you will work as part of the engineering function to ensure maximum performance of the automation equipment on site at all times. You will be working a 12 hour days and nights shift pattern.
In addition to your salary of circa £45,000 you will receive an extensive benefits package including the following:
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (You have the option to add more holidays!)
- Matched pension scheme
- Company share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Plus, you have access to a range of additional benefits including interest free train ticket loans, retail discounts, discounted mobile phones, leisure discounts and childcare vouchers.
There is a relocation package on offer with this role – please ask for further details!
Having worked with this organisation for several years, their offering both to clients and employees has gone from strength to strength resulting in year on year growth and outstanding financial performance. This organisation prides themselves on being a highly progressive and professional company. They are currently investing heavily in their working environment to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry. Due to increased capacity and output they are looking to conduct interviews for this role ASAP.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide front line issue investigation of live production PLC systems via on line monitoring of the code to identify and diagnose the cause of faults or failures of the equipment or code
- Where a PLC code issue is identified or suspected, to work with the Automation Team to diagnose and where appropriate deploy the required code fixes.
- Working with the Automation Team to make temporary modifications to PLC code to allow the operation to continue with the minimal possible impact whilst a repair is carried out.
- To provide front line investigation of none code related issues via the use of the of relevant diagnostic tools for equipment such as Profibus / Can Bus networks, Bar Code Readers
- Assisting with ongoing development to machinery and processes.
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding and repair will occasionally be required.
Key Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate;
- Experience of PLC fault finding within a highly automated environment.
- Experience of modifying PLC code.
- Electrical and Mechanical fault finding experience.
- The ability to produce reports using maintenance monitoring software.
Technical qualifications required for this role: - NVQ level 3, equivalent or higher in electrical engineering. Candidates with experience on Siemens S7 PLC’s are highly desirable.
Location: This role is a site-based position in Hampshire and is commutable from Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Southampton and Basingstoke (Relocation package available)
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Engineer, Preventive Maintenance, Siemens S7, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, FMCG, Maintenance Electrician, Multi Skilled Maintenance or Multi Skilled Electrical.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that truly value quality, professionalism and the commitment to engineering excellence then please apply via the website today or call me on ************ between 7.00am - 9.00pm.
Blenheim Mason Ltd operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
Blenheim Mason Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency. We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299240