Embedded Software Engineer - Tewkesbury - To £56,000
InfoSec People are seeking Embedded Software Engineers to join an innovative and rapidly growing cyber security technology SME based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. They work in partnerships with highly prestigious clients, developing secure technology solutions for UK defence, government and civil organisations.
As a knowledgeable Embedded Software Engineer, you will have an enthusiasm for secure communications, cyber security and network defence.
Please note that due to the nature of the work, applicants must hold current UK SecurityCheck clearance, or be willing and able to undergo UK SecurityCheck security clearance, to be considered for this position.
If you do not hold a level of security clearance, please familiarise yourself with the process before applying: ************************************-vetting-and-clearance
- Design and development of high performance C++ and C in both client/server and embedded solutions in the application and operating system domains
- Participating in the full life-cycle of real-time embedded software development
- Scoping and estimation of software engineering tasks both during formal project definition phases and in day-to-day agile development activities
- Designing and implementing wireless and wired network communication protocols
- Designing, implementing and building applications for mobile platforms
- Embedded hypervisor research & development
- Coordinating and participating in software design and code reviews/inspections
- Linux kernel software development
- Bare metal interface driver and application software development
As such you have the following skills and experience:
- Expertise and experience in real-time C/C++ development
- Excellent knowledge of operating system coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Strong foundations in embedded architectures and operating systems
- Detailed understanding of network communication protocols
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python or Ruby)
- Proven work experience in software development lifecycle and tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
This company offers exciting career opportunities, an excellent agile & innovative atmosphere, along with a fully stocked drinks fridge and pool table for some competitive fun.
Please email a copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance or call Charlotte on ************ for a confidential discussion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297126