Diagnostics Engineer - Electrical & Electronic Systems
RLE International is working on behalf of their Bedford based Automotive OEM Client, whom are currently looking for an experienced Electrical & Electronic Systems Engineer - Diagnostics to join their expanding team.
Mission & Main Objectives
- Investigate complex Electrical Systems quality concerns on customer vehicles in the field and identify Root Cause
- Transfer market quality technical understanding to responsible R&D sections.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Front line role within R&D in Europe to confirm warranty and dissatisfaction concern description/conditions, conduct Root Cause Technical Investigation for all passenger vehicles sold within Europe. With particular regard to Electrical, Electronic systems associated with conventional and Electric Vehicles and Charger systems.
- Travel will be required to most European countries.
- Close liaison with internal Quality departments, Design sections and Dealer Network.
- Timely feedback of results to R&D, Quality Departments and Production Plants by written report and validation of countermeasures.
- Practical use of test instrumentation for data collection associated with vehicle Electrical and Electronic systems and components and EV Charger systems
- Ability to plan field investigation visits, including preparation of investigation procedures, collating background information from Field Quality team and Design sections as necessary
Background and Experience
3+ year’s automotive industry experience. Ideally experienced in field quality investigation work or product test and development.
Proven ability in concern resolution and investigation work for Electrical & Electronic systems.
- Has work ethic which will add value to the company
- Able and willing to work speedily and responsively to changing demands
- Customer focused, able to lead, support and motivate to achieve goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaison/negotiation at all levels both internally and with external organisations
- Ability to plan and manage own workload and that of support technicians at dealerships etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299157