IT Licensing Manager
IT Licensing Manager
£70k-£75k plus excellent benefits
Based in Bedfordshire
As an IT Licensing Manager, this is your chance to join a FTSE 250 company who are seeking to invest and improve their IT services and who are aiming to break into the FTSE 100. They are one of the most recognised brand names in their sector and offer stability and room for progression. This will be lead role where you will get the chance to define, lead and control a highly effective IT Licensing Manager function and have the support of an excellent Head of IT Supplier Management to help you achieve your goals. In return for your skills, our client operate flexible working hours, free onsite gym, subsidized canteen, tennis courts, 5 a side football pitches, running track and free parking for you to enjoy your time at work.
People travel from Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Peterborough to work for the company, so if you are fed up of traveling into London and want to work for a large well known company, closer to home, then we would like to hear from you.
As the name suggests, the IT Licensing Manager is responsible for the implementation and continued enhancement of a robust and auditable software license management governance across all IT software licenses. This is where you come in.
- Define and implement a robust and auditable software license compliance management framework and governance
- Responsibility for software license compliance and ensuring regular audits to show compliance
- Be responsible for all software license material so as to ensure adequate legal proof of all licenses is maintained at all times.
- Respond to and manage all software supplier audit requests
- Identify and deliver saving opportunities from renewals or business change in collaboration with the asset management team
- Track the company's users, employees, turnover or other metrics that may influence software license compliance
- Responsible for all license changes, amendments and version control
- Involvement in all business projects that involve software deployment to ensure that license terms are documented, understood and implemented
- Supplier Management of software suppliers and accountability to ensure software license benefits are fully utilised
- Ownership and responsibility for all new software license purchases
- Ensure budget sign off before any software requisition is made
- License agreement negotiation and contract review
- Obtain from internal or external stakeholders software asset information and audit its compliance to assets owned
- Support Internal owners on software asset management processes
- Lead software license compliance governance meetings with stake holders, suppliers and 3rd party auditors
- Identify & document key license requirements and ensure communication to stake holders
- Establish a close working relationship with the technical operations team to ensure compliance is maintained at all times
- Production of process flow documentation to support license compliance
- Production of reporting packs showing compliance and asset value, usage and quantities held
- Support Group Procurement in the negotiation of software license procurement to ensure suitable license terms are agreed
- Provide support, guidance and development to the License Analyst as needed in order to facilitate the performance of their duties
Ideally you will have worked in a IT Licensing Manager position before, OR IT Licensing Management has been part of your wider remit as we need someone of an experienced level to come in and own this role and hit the ground running.
We need you to demonstrate
- A proven track record of defining and implementing a robust and auditable software license compliance management framework and governance across a business of similar size.
- Extensive management of a large Microsoft license base within a Microsoft Enterprise agreement.
- License expertise with the Oracle product portfolio or other major software vendors such as SAP or IBM
If this sounds like you, or you would like to find out more about this opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV to this advert with your contact details and I will be happy to go into further detail. If at that point we are both happy to proceed, then we will work together with you and support you throughout your application and interview.
CRG TEC are a recruitment consultancy working on behalf of our client.
Your application will be review by an experienced consultant at CRG TEC
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298878