Eden Dairy Technologist Apprentice
We are recruiting for our next intake of apprentices based across our our Shropshire sites. Apprenticeships are one of the best training routes we provide that support the development of technical knowledge and practical experience required in industry.
We are looking for people who have the energy, drive, dedication and commitment to work hard to achieve and want to have a long and successful career in the dairy industry with us. If this sounds familiar we definitely need to hear from you!
Our apprenticeship will provide you with the following:
* Nationally recognised qualifications
* Formal off the job training (studying away from the workplace)
* Opportunities to practice new skills in a real work environment
* Mentoring support every step of the way
* Great career development opportunies
* A competitive salary
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Develop, produce and control the production of raw materials into finished products.
* Operate Manufacturing machinery and manage process, filling/packing and cleaning plant operations in accordance to laid down procedures.
* Use all equipment or substances in accordance with training or instruction.
* Prompt fault finding and timely corrective action or escalation.
* Strive to achieve the highest quality product, highlighting any concerns.
* Ensure the products and volumes are in accordance with specifications and targets by monitoring and adjusting process and equipment settings.
* Monitor waste levels.
* Be involved in continuous improvement, project management, tests and trial activities.
* Interpret and process data to make adjustments to process parameters in order to achieve product specifications.
EDEN (European Dairy Education Network) is a ground breaking education initiative driven by leading businesses in the dairy industry, as well as The National Skills Academy for Food and Drink and Dairy UK to develop the future Dairy Technologists.
Your apprenticeship will be supported by us whislt working in partnership with our Training Providers (Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) and Reaseheath College) to achieve the following apprenticeship standard
Advanced Dairy Technologist Apprenticeship
* Foundation Degree in Dairy Technology at level 5
* Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 3
* Award in Food Safety Supervision and HACCP Management at level 3
* End point assessment of your skills and knowledge
Duration: 3 year programme
Key skills & experience:
* GCSE English, Maths (Higher) and Science at grade C (level 5) or equivalent.
* 1 A-level or equivalent qualifications or dairy industry experience.
* A desire to learn with great passion for the dairy industry.
* Great attention to detail.
* The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions.
* Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies.
* Able to demonstrate good team working skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Other important information:
* This role will include residential release to complete some elements of your training; therefore applicants must be prepared to live away from home during the residential element at college.
* Successful applicants will need to be flexible as the role will be based at one of our sites initially and then rotated across our Market Drayton, Minsterley and Telford sites to gain skills across different areas of the business.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at ***********************
Key dates: Shortlisted candidates will need to be available on the dates below as part of our selection process:
* Telephone Interview: April/May
* Assessment Centre (location to be confirmed): June/July
* Workplace induction at site: August/September
* Apprenticeship course delivery starts at Reaseheath: September
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297217