IT Portfolio Delivery Manager
IT Portfolio Delivery Manager required with extensive experience of managing portfolios of IT projects and Programmes covering at least 10 years in Programme/Projects management roles plus additional experiences in other non-delivery IT/Business roles to broaden the overall understanding of technologies and IT delivery models and business context). The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing Application Development and Infrastructure Upgrade projects, Experience of looking after a multidimensional IT/Business agenda of various day-to-day IT matters and Experience of establishing credible relationships within IT and Business community with examples of driving IT/Business change agenda, working at MD, CIO, CTO, Chief Architect level.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven track record of managing Application Development and Infrastructure Upgrade projects
- Experience of looking after a multidimensional IT/Business agenda of various day-to-day IT matters
- Experience of direct line management of Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Ability to build successful project teams, covering resources spread across Business and IT typically without direct line management responsibility
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple IT/Business stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically, analyze complex Business requirements and IT delivery options and be able to translate them into actionable deliverables (be it projects or BAU resolutions) and drive them to completion
- Ability to think commercially and strategically – quickly assess and quantify short and long term impact of changes, deal with ambiguity and uncertainty and be able to evaluate options to meet business expectations and provide maximum value
- First-hand experience and knowledge of IT project delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) with formal Project Delivery Accreditations (such as Prince2, MSP, APM, etc.)
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable communicating high level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes when required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Demand Management
- Portfolio Management
- Project Delivery Assurance
- Business Relationship Management & Consulting
- Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Team Management
IT Portfolio Management is a function within the UK&I IT Department responsible for management and execution of the business change projects enabled by IT in United Kingdom and Ireland. IT Portfolio Management is also responsible for managing engagement between the Business and IT. The Portfolio Management team consists of IT Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and a PMO team.
Joining the IT Portfolio Management team as an IT Portfolio Manager you will primarily focus on ensuring successful delivery of the projects within the assigned portfolio, capturing available synergies, balancing delivery priorities and constraints and managing projects/portfolios interdependencies. You will be working closely with the Business Leads to deliver change.
Typically portfolios are aligned with business areas and functions and formed of 15-20 projects with a budget of £5-7M. Typically projects in a portfolio will be of a high business criticality with multiple systems and business processes interdependencies due the highly inter-connected nature of our clients business operating model.
You will be assigned to deliver change for a particular business area or function. You will be managing a team of up to 10-15 direct reports (Project Managers, Business Analysts) and be responsible for their line management and career development.
You will also act as the IT “Account Manager” for the assigned business areas and will be required to develop close “trusted partner” relationships with business colleagues and ensure that the IT/Business relationship is supported by clear understanding of both sides’ roles and responsibilities.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV at the First Instance.
Notice periods - Will accommodate: 2 weeks, 3 at a push – no 4 weeks notice periods
CV deadline-Wednesday 14th March.
Interviews will be held on Wed-Friday 21/22/23 March – please only apply if you can attend these dates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297147