SC/DV Cleared PKI Engineer
Role: SC/DV Cleared PKI Engineer
Clearance: DV Clearance
Contract: 6 Month Contract
Rate: Market Rates
We require an experienced PKI Engineer who is highly skilled at implementing PKI services within the constraints imposed by highly controlled environments. Whilst this role is aimed at those with PKI implementation skills, an appreciation of the business impacts of PKI and the relevant service elements is expected.
The PKI Engineer will be expected to implement PKI software and hardware components under the direction of the PKI SME in accordance with established design patterns. This will include development of low level design/integration specifications and associated test scripts.
The PKI Engineer will be expected to have a good understanding of the technologies and their application and should recognize the associated benefits and potential pitfalls. They should be able to specify practical, cost-effective working processes that get the best out of the technology.
You should be able to:
- Working alongside other technical staff responsible for other aspects of the system.
- Working as part of a virtual matrix management team, reporting into a number of people including business line managers, solution owners and project leads.
- Contributing to PKI elements of new proposals for solutions to customer problems and able to make security trade-offs as required.
- Contributing to customers' security architectures, influencing PKI aspects of new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the work under your control.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Good understanding of current PKI technologies and their future direction.
- Knowledge of PKI concepts, patterns and practices
- Recent experience of integrating PKI software and hardware components into customer systems.
- General understanding of cryptographic concepts: symmetric/asymmetric cryptography, secure hash, digital signatures
- Experience with certificate-enabled applications, such as SSL/TLS, authentication, IDAM, EFS, 802.1X, Code Signing, etc.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- DV cleared (or able to attain DV clearance)
- Thorough knowledge of security technologies and associated products
- Customer and business focussed
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and ensure successful delivery
- Relevant Industry certification
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296722