As a Software Developer you will be reporting to the Lead Developer, your main responsibility will be developing solutions with C# /WINFORMS /ASP.NET MVC in an AGILE environment. You will be working on a bespoke in- house application. This is a varied and fast paced role in which you will be required to work to strict project deadlines within a team, therefore excellent communication and dedication to delivering are required.
You will work closely with the Business Support Team, providing an excellent support service in order to ensure smooth deployment, review, develop and implement a range of working processes, procedures and supporting documents.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining bespoke in-house application.
- Testing products in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Documenting and creating testing scripts.
- Record, track, and document issues and changes to system through Change Management Process.
- Collaborate with project team to identify new requirements.
- Be involved in the entire development process (design, development and deployment).
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards.
- Ensure business benefits can be realised.
- Promote BST/ICT Function across the business.
- Communicate problems and issues to Development and Product Project Teams.
- Prioritise and schedule all project tasks.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Knowledge of OOP - design patters, refactoring etc
- Understanding of dependency injection and unit testing patterns
- Strong knowledge of Computer Programming
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in .NET
- Experience in C#
- Experience in WinForms
- Experience in ASP.NET MVC
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in TFS
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Adept in computer languages and have good technical knowhow.
- Ability to work to deadlines and effectively communicate progress
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Effective in anticipating and understanding stakeholder and customer expectations
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299342