IT Support Engineer
The Company is a well-established Managed Service Provider of information and communication technology services to businesses.
We supply, install and proactive support leading on demand data centre services, IT infrastructure, software and telephony for organisations throughout East/West Midlands and some Nationally.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a IT Support Engineer based in Derbyshire to join a dynamic company that provides Managed IT Services, Support Programmes, Preventative Maintenance, Special Project Services, Hardware and Software supply and support, Wide Area and Local Area Network support, Disaster Recovery, Cloud and Internet Services.
This is a challenging and diverse role that involves frequent travel to customer sites. Responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, voice, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Carrying out onsite visits for clients
- Providing technical support via telephone, email, remote control sessions and onsite
- To service, repair and maintain photocopiers & printers
- Install and configure complex IT systems, including servers, enterprise systems,
- Proactive technical services and support of core business systems and applications and at the network level: including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security. Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Small Business Server, etc. networks, voice, and connectivity to the Internet.
- Timely turnaround of customer requests and faults within agreed service levels.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
An ideal candidate will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- A full UK driving license – Essential.
- Significant previous hands on commercial experience with IT equipment installation, configuration and support.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Customer focus and experience on dealing with the end user.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Service awareness of all organisations’ key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 20 days + Statutory Bank Holidays.
Strictly No Agencies
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298854