Currently looking for an Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis to work for a client to support the existing engineering department, you must be able to work shifts. The successful Electrician will oversee all electrical and site utilities maintenance.
Your New Position
The client is a big player within the food industry and have offices all over the UK, You must have experience of working in an industrial setting and also working with plant and building fabric.
- Maintain existing machinery and equipment across the site by undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry our preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Respond quickly and effectively to breakdowns or other engineering problems
- Accurately complete all documentation required by the business and work closely with the H&S manager
- Maintain stock levels of engineering spares
- Support Engineering Manager
- Post is subject to a 4 on 4 off night shift
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production / military environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
- Knowledge of 3 Phase processing equipment in a production environment
- Understanding PLC
- Knowledge of HV switch gear
- Be IT literate
- City & Guilds minimum Engineering or Electrical qualification
- Be a fully qualified Electrician with 16th/17th Edition qualification
What you'll get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297933