Service Engineer - Commissioning
Service Engineer – Commissioning
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity based in the UK for a Systems Commissioning Engineer. The successful candidate will be based from our Ramsgate site, with travel required across Greater Europe.
- Commissioning Engineer for control system on all customer power generation projects across greater Europe.
- Complete installation inspection and snagging.
- Lead commissioning projects for planning on pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing, through to customer on site witness test and performance/reliability testing to meet customer handover and project completion.
- Represent Cummins during customer meetings and discussions providing technical input.
- During commissioning anticipate and identify potential problems and issue. Work with the commissioning, engineering and project teams to implement commissioning solutions and provide new product development.
- Train to develop your knowledge and skills in the role.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of LV and MV Switchgear, controls and networks
- Experience of PLC and HMI programming and software
- Knowledge of power generation systems would be an advantage
- Site commissioning experience
- Good Communication skills (Oral and written)
- Strong logical thinking
- Second Language Capability
- Proven team working experience required.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Electrical Engineering degree (or experience in this or simuliar roles)
- Flexible approach to work
Compensation and Benefits
Salary £33,200 – £41,500 per annum (dependent on experience)
Plus a wide range of competitive benefits including:
- Cummins Contributory Pension Scheme
- Variable annual bonus
- Assisted Healthcare scheme
- Cummins Rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. *******************
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: ******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296816