Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Military - Leading International Defence Company
Salary Dependant on experience
Our client is a leading defence company based in West Sussex who design and manufacture armoured land vehicles and survivability systems.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Design Engineer to lead the team in the design of their next generation blast mitigating seats.
- To assist the Lead Design Engineer in the delivery of project/product line requirements.
- Solid modelling and detailing of products using SolidWorks.
- Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Engineer to all appropriate product targets eg cost, weight, strength etc.
- Assist in the generation of, and delivery to, project timing.
- Ensure appropriate material selection.
- Ensure manufacturing feasibility of product designs.
- Work in accordance to Jankel ISO9001, ISO14001 procedures.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartered engineer status (preferred).
- Automotive, Aerospace or Defence Engineering environments (preferred).
- Design/manufacturing techniques for low/medium volume production.
- Concept creation/development, detailed design (components/assemblies), and engineering drawings.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.
- Customer focussed - displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed - strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
- Professional - takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to "do the right thing".
- Integrity and morality - acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in the workplace.
- Communication and listening - strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
- Superior planning and organisation skills.
- Problem solving - displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving methods.
- Adaptability - the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change.
- Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workloads and responds accordingly.
How to APPLY:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298929