Infrastructure Engineer - Wintel position
This is regarding a contract position with our Service based client. Please refer to the job specs below & get back, if interested.
To deliver infrastructure solutions for Wintel servers and in specialist area(s) of expertise: desktops, virtualisation, automation, storage, Active Directory. Help to co-ordinate the delivery of infrastructure solutions across multiple technologies.
- Install, maintain and configure VMware estate
- Manage the deployment stack, associated technologies and asset deployment build processes
- Deploy operating systems to both physical and virtual guests
- Documenting standards and configuration guides owned by the team
- Configure OS Roles and features (Clustering, IIS etc.)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and analyse performance
- Validation testing
- Support application integration and testing
- Teach and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Senior hands on experience with mid to large scale VMware deployments including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
- Ability to gather technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of enterprise virtualisation solutions.
- Previous exposure to performance and capacity planning, monitoring, virtualisation analysis and consolidation activities.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery best practices including the ability to design and recommend backup solutions for virtual environment architectures, replication methodologies and differences between RTO/RPO’s across various technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting, automation techniques, and associated toolsets such as MDT, SCORCH, PowerShell.
- Previous exposure to large project teams and deployments as well as delivering small projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- 5+ years in depth technical experience of Windows server technology
- 3+ years’ experience supporting and/or engineering Windows server solutions in an enterprise environment (3000+ desktops)
- 3+ years’ experience of working with IT suppliers or working for an outsource company delivering solutions for customers
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a structured ITIL environment with a demonstrable understanding of standard roles and processes.
- SAN Storage (FC, FCoE, 3PAR, MSA)
- VMware virtualisation technologies. (vSphere, vCenter, HA, DRS, SRM, vMotion, Distributed Switches)
- Citrix (Netscaler, XenApp, XenDesktop)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft's security model (GPO, NTFS, File Shares, Domain structures, User rights, and directories).
- Scripting / process automation skills (i.e. VBScript, Powershell, DOS etc.) and a solid understanding of their appropriate use.
- HP hardware (C7000, Blades, FlexFabric, VirtualConnect, Proliant)
- MCSE Windows Server 2008/12/16
- Citrix CCP or CCE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299746