Director, Specialised & Acquisition Finance - Renewables
An international bank is wishing to hire specialised and acquisition finance director in renewables.
The right candidate will be contributing to delivery of the European element of the bank's global specialised & acquisition Finance (SAF) strategy. This includes origination of transactions primarily but not exclusively in the infrastructure, utility and renewable energy sectors. You will be responsible for the credit quality of assets originated/managed, with full Delegated Commitment Authority.
Role duties include:
- Develop business opportunities in line with the strategic & tactical plans for the European business, growing revenues within agreed risk parameters. The main focus will be on UK/European renewable energy opportunities but the incumbent will also be required to operate across the infrastructure and utility segments from time to time.
- Manage costs to maximise efficiencies and to operate the business within agreed plans.
- Develop and maintain transaction structure and industry knowledge to a level appropriate to evaluate new business opportunities in a commercially prudent manner, assist manage existing exposures, and support team members in the fulfillment of their roles.
- Originate new transactions and coordinate the deal origination/execution process.
- Coaching, monitoring, supervision of junior staff to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform their role.
- Main challenges will include new business origination, building and maintaining bank's reputation and market profile as a leading provider of finance to the renewable energy sector.
- Working closely with customers for marketing of financial solutions to meet customer needs.
Experience / Qualifications
- The role requires an individual with experience originating, structuring and monitoring a broad range of complex finance transactions, including renewable energy project finance, gained within a major international bank.
- A demonstrable record of transaction management and managing customer interactions.
- Previous people management experience with a proven capability to lead, motivate and develop junior team members.
- Sound understanding of financial markets generally and the energy & infrastructure finance market specifically plus an ability to apply this knowledge to the structuring and negotiation of infrastructure and project finance transactions.
- Advanced selling/negotiating skills.
If you wish to be considered for this role please click "apply now".
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297015