Gateway Security Analyst
Job ID: R-62627
The Global Cyber Security Defence team (GCSD) provides IT security operational services to Aviva markets; responding to information security/cyber threats, vulnerabilities and incidents whilst minimising the adverse impact to Aviva, its customers and partners. GCSD provides resources, processes and technologies to identify and implement regulatory and best practice methodology, policy and business requirements.
- You'll have a solid background in IT with a validated interest in security. An understanding of a modern threat landscape will help you support our range of gateway security services (email security services, outbound proxies) and assist with firewall rules
- You'll contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the formal service catalogue, whilst ensuring alignment with Aviva reporting requirements and assist in the adoption of Aviva security requirements with our managed third parties
- Support and co-ordinate scheduled maintenance activities alongside contribution to security incidents as appropriate, and we'll expect you to play your part in the transformation of GCSD by assisting with activities and projects, development and maintenance of security standards and controls
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with Bluecoat Products (preferred) or equivalent outbound proxy services (including request/site/content blocking, malware detection/ blocking, etc)
- Network security (e.g. CCNA, Security+)
- Microsoft Office365
- Email phishing/spam filtering/malware detection/blocking
- Firewall change and governance technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of web application firewalls and SIEM services, data analytics, interpretation and presentation
- Understanding of enterprise architectures and operations with good, practical knowledge of operating systems (Windows, UNIX, etc) and networking technologies
- Awareness and use of security and privacy concepts (e.g. international and industry standards, legal and regulatory constraints, etc)
- Aviva are looking for someone with the ability to manage multiple demands on their time that can communicate with their peers in other technical support teams as needed. You'll know how to handle difficult situations with integrity and diplomacy and when to escalate.
What will I get from this role
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298323