£30-35,000 DOE + benefits
Our Client is an international manufacturing company that is privately owned, that emanated as a family business over 70 years ago, with wholly owned subsidiaries in UK, Spain and South Africa, combined with a network of international distributors.
The company manufactures a wide range of excellent technologies, for a wide variety of applications, including gas compression technology, and a range of specialist chemical metering pumps associated accessories, and systems.
The wholly owned UK subsidiary, based in Peterborough, is currently a Sales & Marketing organisation for the sera range of chemical dosing pumps & systems, also with a pump repair facility, with a stocked itinerary of spares. A wide field of application in the UK extends to industrial applications such as Food & Beverage, Paper, Power, and other process industries, also the water & wastewater treatment market. A need has been identified to invest in the UK facility to augment the business, primarily an in house technical & workshop facility, but also a dedicated in-house technical person.
Roles & Responsibilities
This will be a multi-faceted technical role, with duties not confined to, but including the following:
- Supporting the internal sales effort at the office, with technical solutions, including specification of the company’s range of dosing pumps, also the outline design of associated systems.
- The in-house repair, refurbishment and re-testing of pumps, at the UK facility.
- Dealing directly with sera’s customers, on a range of technical queries & challenges, including technical advice, troubleshooting, service enquiries etc. This may also entail some dialogue (in English) with our technical experts at the head office/factory in Germany.
- Visiting sera’s pump installations, for service call repairs, and site investigations.
- Creation of outline P&ID’s using a drawing tool such as Visio, for pump systems, to support the sales effort.
- Provide a technical cost estimating capability for pump systems, in support the sales effort.
- An element of project management, between the client and factory, with respect to live system orders.
- Front the technical aspect of any new product UK field trials, including site conditions, ensuring a successful trial outcome.
- A technical mechanical qualification, with an outline knowledge of electrical engineering.
- A professional technical mentality, with a “hands-on” capability.
- Experience in a previous technical service function.
- A knowledge of pumps & systems, with an affinity for flow & pressure requirements.
- Be within commutable distance of the Peterborough facility.
- Motivated, energetic & IT literate.
This will be a staff position. Initially this person will be primarily office based, in a general technical support role. They would have good interpersonal skills with sera’s clients, whether that be over the office telephone, or directly on-site. It is likely that this individual would initially spend a period of time at the factory in Germany, to gain hands on technical experience of pump assembly & repair. A knowledge of typical chemicals, and the subsequent material compatibility is useful, but not essential.
As the UK facility becomes more technically self-sufficient, it is envisaged that this individual could become involved in the following areas: (For which training could be given)
- Become involved in small lifting operations
- Welding of plastic pipework, including fusion welding of polypropylene and the solvent welding of PVC pipework & fittings.
- Sub-assembly & testing of complete dosing pumps at the UK facility.
- Technical & commercial compilation of orchestrated preventative service contracts.
- Basic site installation works.
- As a one off function, this individual may also initially assist in the facilities management, associated with the current requirement to move the business to a new larger premises with a workshop facility, and set up a pump repair and test facility, within the new workshop
Hours are usually 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
A company pool car will be made available for UK site travel from and to the UK office.
A company mobile phone, and a desk/workstation at the UK office.
Necessary tools and protective clothing will be provided.
This role offers the individual to progress within a progressive, forward thinking environment, and would benefit from working within an excellent company ethos
As the UK technical facility is destined to grow, it is envisaged that this individual would assume a senior position within this department, once it grows.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298487