Senior Software Development Engineer
About the Senior Software Development Engineer role:
In this role you’ll work with business partners, engineers, data scientists, and UX designers to design, implement, test, deliver, document, and maintain complex applications, tools, systems and services. You will assist in analysing business metrics and functional requirements, and translate them into robust and scalable technical solutions. You will learn cutting-edge technologies and processes and develop well rounded skills such as data analysis, leadership and effective programme management.
How will I add value in this role?
- You develop and integrate server and client side solutions against a backdrop of changing requirements with an understanding of the business context of your decisions.
- You own the full development lifecycle of a system from insight and design through development, review, testing, integration, deployment and operations.
- You design solutions with a deep understanding of scale, availability, operations, deployment and performance.
- You discuss requirements from colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders and translate them into detailed design; including where appropriate key external interfaces, design patterns, libraries and other constructs.
- You deeply understand qualitative and quantitative feedback about running systems and translate them into hypothesis, features and actions.
- You diagnose, mitigate and root cause live issues on production solutions and are responsible for their uptime and reliability.
- You work across multiple teams, stakeholders and external partners to design solutions, coordinate development, identify and resolve issues and arbitrate disputes.
- You drive constant improvement in best practices and innovation within your team’s process as well as their software solution.
- You participate in the career growth of junior engineers through meticulous code/design reviews, mentorship.
- Excellent design and development skills.
- Passion for technology and simplicity.
- A willingness to keep learning new tools and languages.
- Self-directed team player with demonstrated leadership potential.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience taking a leading role in delivering at least one moderately complex system to customers.
- Be a strong communicator; able to help clients and teammates make good decisions.
- A keen analytical mind.
- Familiarity with several programming languages.
- A willingness to improve practices, and care about doing good work.
- Ability to see the big picture, not just the code.
Secondary Skills and Aliases:
- Drive to provide the best customer experience possible.
- Proficiency in at least two modern programming frameworks such as Angular, React, Spring, Play.
- Proficiency in isomorphic development.
- A deep understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Proven ability to work effectively with Agile Methodologies in a cross functional team.
- Experience with cloud computing, data processing, service oriented architecture, user interface development or machine learning.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognizing and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
• Embrace flexible working
• Support you achieve you career goals
• Offer income protection and life assurance
• Offer a range of discounts on products
Location: London (Shepherd's Bush - White Building)
Country: United Kingdom
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + Bonus and Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291968