Customer Investment Manager
Job ID: R-58701
Salary up to £60,000 + 10% annual bonus
Aviva’s a new global operating model for Finance, based on shared services supporting the markets and a leaner corporate centre consists of four pillars.
The four pillars of this operating model are:
- Aviva Finance Markets (AFM): a commercial team who will be a co-pilot to the market CEOs and business leadership teams.
- Aviva Finance Operations (AFO): a highly effective and agile team managing resources and providing excellent services to the rest of our function.
- Aviva Finance Technical (AFT): a team of Finance experts who will leverage our global technical expertise in areas like investments, tax, hedging, re-insurance and actuarial advisory to provide “solutions” which are consistent across Finance.
- Aviva Finance Corporate (AFC): an insight-oriented team who will own headquarter functions such as Investor Relations, Capital Allocation, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
The Customer Investment team is responsible for the management and oversight of the investment strategy of our Customer assets (i.e. Unit Linked and With Profits funds). The role of the team is twofold: ensure that our Customers funds’ investment strategy remains appropriate over time with the funds objectives and that they perform in the way our customers expect them to be.
The team provides strategic asset allocation recommendation, assesses the previous strategies compared to the objectives of the funds, reviews and assesses new investment opportunities and implements any recommendation with our internal or external asset managers. The team also reviews, challenges regularly the performance of our asset managers. In providing a strong oversight, we also organize deep dive reviews with appointed asset managers’ investment functions.
The team needs to build a strong relationship with our internal and external counterparts in order to provide an efficient oversight framework to protect our Customers’ investments.
The team is responsible for a broad range of activities which will include:
- Supporting the Head of Customer Investments on the investment strategy, monitoring investment performance, providing oversight, governance and risk management for UK Life in relation to Unit Linked and With Profits investment activities.
- Meeting customer and shareholder investment expectations, working with propositions, fund managers, ALM and Finance Business Partnering teams
- Assist with the design and implementation of investment strategies for WP asset shares, Unit linked investments taking into account risk, customer and regulatory constraints
- Supporting the alignment investment strategies across heritage Friends Life and heritage Aviva fund ranges where appropriate
- Recommending changes in investment strategy to better meet the objectives of the Fund in terms of asset allocation (including additional asset classes where appropriate), benchmark, risk budget, process, style and manager selection having regard to customer expectations and performance objectives.
- Supporting the review process for all relevant investment performance indicators.
- Providing support to monitor the investment performance of designated funds using their investment skills and where appropriate their actuarial skills.
- Building productive relationships with Aviva Investors, other fund managers and key stakeholders in UK Insurance, improving efficiency of services, and transparent identification, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Producing management information to support Exco, Investment Committee and UKI Boards
Specifically you will:
- Support the clear documentation of investment services that AI provide to UKL (including KPIs & service levels)
- Ensuring the documentation of processes and oversight controls are updated to comply with new regulatory requirements, in particular Solvency II
- Accurate provision and interpretation of data
- Support provision of internal consultancy on complex investment issues and strategic projects.
- Produce regular dashboards showing snapshot summary of performance and risk for the funds.
- Establish effective relationships with AI team members responsible for service provision, UKI service recipients and other assurance providers (e.g. UKI & AI Risk and Internal Audit)
- The framework for measuring and managing performance and risk for outsourced investment activities
- MI provision/other contribution and support as required into governance meetings
- Qualified to degree level with strong academic record
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/IMC) with post-qualification experience
- Deep understanding of investment issues and performance drivers relevant to a Life insurance company
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
- Strong communicator who is able to build productive relationships and influence for positive outcomes in challenging situations
- In depth knowledge of the company products, organisation and structures
- A detailed knowledge of statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance
- Understand the needs of our end customers
- Likely to have significant experience in the Finance function of an insurance company
- Investment management industry
- Experience in finance/operational risk management
- Relationship Management.
- Experience of lifestyle and/or liability managed investments
- Proven ability in setting and monitoring complex investment mandates
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the resourcing team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298196