Mechanical Design Engineer
Morson International are recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for our large, material handling and automation client who are highly regarded within their industry.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing the mechanical aspects of my client's material handling systems, within cost and time scale constraints, and to the customers' requirements.
Principal Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To interpret project layout and specification into final design layout and conveyor data list, under the guidance of the lead engineer.
- To generate unit cycle times, system throughput, and general dimensional requirements.
- To provide system integration drawings and specifications.
- To give advance notice of materials required to Purchase Department.
- To create detailed drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply.
- To specify details of any additional special conveyor elements or associated equipment.
- To create an installation file to pass on information to the site supervisor and installation team.
- To assist with system risk assessment (and unit risk assessment where necessary) in line with statutory requirements.
- To assist the documentation department to create Operating and Maintenance Instructions and spare parts lists as required.
As the ideal candidate you will hold a HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering along with a solid 2-3 years' experience within a similar role. It is essential that you have sound, working knowledge and understanding of working with CAD tools as this role will involve extensive use of this.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this growing, market leading company!
If you hold the relevant skills and experience, please apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297868