Senior Java Developer
PTS Consulting is working on behalf of a leading investment bank based in central London. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Java Developer to assist within the risk systems. The candidate should have excellent Java skills with a good understanding of the JVM at a low level including multithreading, garbage collection and native access. A working knowledge of Spring and REST services is also desirable. The solution is high performance so the candidate should also have extensive experience working with distributed systems and architectures such as Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, Platform Symphony. The candidate is expected to work in a fast-paced, agile environment with a strong emphasis on Continuous Delivery.
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Top Tier Engineering school, Msc or Phd in Science Computing
- Excellent software design, coding, documentation and analysis skills.
- Strong Java knowledge including hands on experience with Spring and REST.
- Distributed Systems (Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, Platform Symphony).
- An appreciation of distributed systems programming techniques.
- An appreciation of Continuous Delivery techniques.
- Forward thinking skilled individual.
- Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail.
- Structured, organised and a good communicator.
- Must be able to work closely with users, business analysts, application production and infrastructure teams.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team.
- Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294382