Digital Test Engineer
Our client a leading Space & Satellite company in the UK and looking for a number of Digital Test Engineers to join their team. The digital processors designed within this division are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
Main roles of the candidate will be:
- Software design and debug
- Automatic test procedure generation
- Hardware/software integration and debug
- Test validation and design proving
- Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
- Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
- Support of test activities leading to unit delivery
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline), 2.1 or above.
- Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
- Fluent in several software languages (C/C++, Java, Python)
- Proven track-record in a product “design and test” business environment
- Understanding and practical application of RF test & measurement equipment (including the use of programming interfaces)
- Very strong background in software/hardware integration and debug
- Commitment to delivering technical reports as required by the project team.
- Experience of working within a product manufacture and test domain
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
- Knowledge of SQL and database applications
- Extensive experience of software application design and development
- Strong knowledge of working with a test and measurement team or function
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292987