Senior Process Engineer / Project Manager
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a consultative service and overseeing the implementation of innovative process engineering projects ensuring the needs of the client are met within agreed timeframes.
What will you do?
- Ensure each project is implemented and delivered from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover
- Specify and procure relevant process equipment required
- Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget and to a set deadline
- Process design experience e.g. P&ID's, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, pressure drop calcs, HAZOP
- Supervise the development of detailed layouts and mechanical design from block flow diagrams and P&ID's generated by the process team
- Manage the procurement process, produce specifications, project profitability as well as controlling expenditure and deadlines
- Contribute to and work to quality assurance systems and design procedures
- Ensure quality assurance and project compliance with current industry best practice and legal requirements including CDM Regulations
- Assist in the development of the process/project team, including the mentoring of graduate Engineers
- Degree educated in a relevant STEM discipline, ideally Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Previous system design & project delivery experience from Chemical/FMCG manufacturing.
- Knowledge of innovative packaging technologies especially renewable.
- Ideally experienced in Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required
- Ideally Chartered Engineer status
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292874