RF Systems Engineer
A leading global Space & Satellite client based in Portsmouth are currently looking to hire a RF Systems Engineer to work on several new exciting Satellite projects.
The successful individual will have:
- Demonstrable post-graduate experience in Communications System Engineering,
- A methodical approach to the work with sufficient commitment and drive to see the task through even where adverse conditions are encountered,
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of working direct with customers and will be able to demonstrate a capability of presenting ideas and concepts to the customer.
- The ability to efficiently organise and co-ordinate their work with the ability to provide innovative solutions and to communicate them.
Specific Tasks to be undertaken:
- End-to-end communications RF system design and development
- Payload systems
- Ground terminal system design
- System design studies
- RF systems performance analysis
- End-to-end network performance analysis (capacity, QoS performance)
- Requirements analysis
- System specification development
- System sub-element specification
- RF System test strategy development and Validation, Verification and Test plan documentation
- RF Interfaces
- Functional interfaces with Management Segment, modems and complex antenna systems.
- RF system design and implementation, digital and analogue communications, communications protocols, RF system performance analysis, spread spectrum techniques, payload systems design and analysis, system and sub-system specification writing, requirements management and tracing.
- SATCOM systems (spacecraft and/or ground terminals), Military systems (networks and applications), Multiple Access Protocols, DAMA, Modem systems, RF systems.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292990