Middle Office / Fund Accounting - Multi-Bn$ Hedge Fund £60-65k
A leading Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund with a track record spanning 15+ years are currently looking for a Middle Office Specialist to work in a broad role covering Operations and Fund Accounting activity. This position will be very progressive in both career development and exposure to the wider business and internal mechanics of running a Hedge Fund. We are looking for an extremely well-polished (5 year post grad) who has gained a strong track-record to-date working in Middle Office, Operations or Fund Accounting. We have a small preference for candidates with previous Hedge Fund or Buy-Side experience. Strong academics, additional qualifications and advanced Excel or VBA skills will also be considered favourable.
(Please note supportive training will be provided by the Director of Operations as required)
- Daily T+1 reconciliation
- Fund expense accruals
- Fund budgets
- Review monthly NAV
- Preparation of financial statements
- Review board packs
- Daily operational coverage across equity and fixed income, IPO and Macro strategies;
- Working closely with fund managers and execution traders to mitigate all operational risk;
- Responsible for management of corporate actions & cash management across fund structures;
- Working with external parties to source stock loans when required;
- Managing relationships with custodians, PBs and Administrators, ensuring any trade/position/cash breaks are identified as soon as possible allowing for effective resolution;
- Working ad hoc with internal stakeholders across the business on a variety of initiatives. Fund launches, client due diligences, service provider reviews etc.
- Regulatory reporting as and when required. AIFMD, MIFID II
- Automation of monotonous tasks where possible – VBA
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to gain broader experience than most other roles will offer on the buy-side. Suitable candidates should apply immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295984