Business Analyst - BI, ETL, Datawarehouse, SQL - to £65,000
Business Analyst - BI, ETL, Datawarehouse, Data Quality, Master Data Management, SQL - to £65,000 - City of London
A leading financial services organisation now requires an experienced Business Analyst based in London. We require the Business Analyst to understanding business needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. The ideal candidate will come from a Business Intelligence, ETL and Data warehouse environment.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Contribute, either individually or as part of a team, to the analysis of project work that helps meet the departmental and company-wide objectives.
- Work with business stakeholders and technical staff to scope, translate and document requirements.
- Requirements gathering and analysis for strategic and operational projects, using a variety of methodologies: (traditional requirements, user stories. backlog building, backwards and forwards traceability.)
- Becoming the expert in the systems requirements during the implementation of a project.
- Managing scope change and requirements changes during implementation.
- Analyse data, feedback exceptions to drive business/process change and manage the change process.
- Work with developers to understand how to integrate new systems into current infrastructure.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with different groups such as stakeholders, users, developers, UI and UX experts and testers, ‘translating’ information and messages as required.
- Manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle, using a variety of methods including Agile.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role:
- A good knowledge of insurance.
- Exposure to general IT principles.
- The ability to understand business processes and formulate plans to improve said processes.
- The ability to translate non-technical information into technical information and vice versa.
- Strong communication skills across all levels.
- The ability to perform critical analysis.
- Being logical and objective.
- High attention to detail.
- Have the ability to read and understand database schemas, including the relationships between objects and the terminology used.
- A strong understanding of data warehousing would be advantageous.
- An understanding of any of the following would be advantageous: Data Quality Services; Master Data Management; Data Visualisation; Predictive Analytics; Data Mining; Salesforce; Jira; Global XB
Knowledge and Experience:
- Data warehouse projects.
- Insurance business process projects.
- Business intelligence projects.
- Gap Analysis.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292092