Engineering Compliance Manager
Job Title: Engineering Compliance Manager
Job Type: Permanent
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence domain.
They currently require an Engineering Compliance Manager to provide leadership of the Engineering Compliance Department at Coulport that supports Strategic Weapon Systems. They are seeking candidates who have a background within the defence, nuclear or oil and gas domain.
You will be responsible for:
- To ensure that responsibilities are understood and applied regarding the appropriate Nuclear, Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- Line management of Facility Support Quality Assurance Officer & Re-Entry and Missile / Launcher Engineering Managers.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained and competent to achieve performance and business requirements.
- Provide engineering support and/or lead investigations into abnormal events,
- Maintain close and effective relationships with MoD Authorities, other departments on all matters affecting the delivery of outputs.
- Lead and/or support projects as appropriate in support of Innovations Programme.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Effective leadership and line management of a medium sized team (40+ staff including leaders) in a specialist safety critical, technical (mechanical / electrical) environment.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management at various levels.
- IT literacy; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to adapt to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrably capable of deploying Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives and underpinning competencies.
- Experience of upholding Lockheed Martin's Vision, Values and Code of Ethics (or equivalent).
- Security Clearance (held or ability to obtain).
- Competent user of multi-government classified IT networks, hardware and peripherals
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive experience of Strategic Weapon Systems and internal Transfer requirements associated documentation control systems.
- Experience of working with Trades Unions.
- Z6 Course.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Nuclear Emergency Procedures Course.
- Radioactive Materiel Accident Response Course.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy.
We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today.
We will never send your CV without your permission.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296969