An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Developer to join our talented development team in Edinburgh. We are looking for a talented self-starter, who is eager to learn new things and will hit the ground running. The successful candidate will be involved in the whole of the development lifecycle.
- Experience in software development processes based on Agile principles.
- Creative and innovative with a passion for learning new technology.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and be able to multi-task.
Highly Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience of developing in Java EE.
- Experience of developing using Service and Object oriented methodologies.
- Working with GitHub, TeamCity and Azure in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Experience from the energy, commodity or financial markets.
- Proven experience of working with SQL Server and/or Oracle database.
- Experience of developing in F#.NET.
- Experience of using Jira.
- Experience of using CI process.
- Producing high quality code through automated unit and integration tests.
- The development, maintenance and enhancement of Brady products as well as cross-product components.
- Working with existing developers and testers across the Brady Group on collaborative projects.
- Helping others around you grow and be successful through collaborative team work.
- Hold a relevant degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Informatics with strong academic background.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits package
- The opportunity to work with the leading software systems supplier to the commodity, energy and recycling markets.
- A vibrant culture with free fruit, snacks, drinks and social events.
Brady plc is the largest European-headquartered provider of trading and risk management software to the global commodity, recycling and energy markets.
Brady combines fully integrated and complete solutions supporting the entire commodity trading operation, from capture of financial and physical trading, through risk management, handling of physical operations, back office financials and treasury settlement, for energy, refined and unrefined metals, scrap and secondary metals, soft commodities and agricultural products.
Brady has 30 years’ expertise in the commodity markets with more than 13,000 users at over 400 companies worldwide, who depend on Brady’s software solutions to deliver vital business transactions across their global operations.
Brady clients include many of the world’s largest financial institutions, trading companies, miners, refiners, scrap processors, recyclers and producers, tier one banks and a large number of London Metal Exchange (LME) Category 1 and 2 clearing members and many leading European energy generators, traders and consumers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295664