IT Service Apprentice
We are seeking to employ an IT Service Apprentice to work within the fast paced environment of our IT Department. The successful candidate will be part of the highly skilled IT Team and learn to work across the Service Desk, Desktop Support, Infrastructure Support, PC Deployment and Trackside Support functions.
We are based in beautiful Somerset surrounded by wonderful country side, and just a stone's throw away from the seaside.. This makes our amazing team happy, cheerful. We have a member of staff who completed the Business Administration Apprenticeship 3 years ago. At the end of their apprenticeship they were given a permanent full time job and they are now a key member of our team. With the right attitude and commitment there is no reason why this couldn't be you!
- Investigating incidents and seeking resolution, analysing problems to determine underlying issues and helping users to recover or continue operation
- Ensure Service Desk queries are actioned as per Service Level Agreements, updated and communicated to the customer at all times
- A deep understanding of IT Service Management processes based on the ITIL Framework
- Routine monitoring and reporting of tasks against Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators, taking defined actions on problems and escalating unforeseen or exceptional circumstances to the IT Management
- Initiating preventative measures, such as identifying suspect software and other components
- Ensuring existing problems and known errors in supported systems are understood and managed appropriately
- Build, schedule and deploy machines to the customers
- Publish support documentation to assist both customers and the internal team
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from completing tasks to a high
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to balance workload effectively
- Encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement within team members
- Contribute to the overall success of the IT Team by working together to improve existing processes and technical understanding
- Must be dependable, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Smart, professional, polite and respectful
- Reliable and flexible with punctual time keeping
- An enquiring mind with a real what, why and how attitude
- £15,000 per annum
Benefits & Future Prospects:
We demand the best from our people. So it's only right we reward them with the best benefits. That's why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293463