Data Warehouse Engineer
An era of change in Traffic Management: The Traffic Management and Automotive industries are entering a phase of innovative revolution due to the confluence of wireless communications, advances in sensors, and the Internet. The deployment of new 'cooperative' transport systems will contribute significantly to improved road safety and reduced environmental impact. Siemens is at the forefront of this revolution and is looking for talented individuals to contribute to making this happen.
Siemens Mobility, Intelligent Traffic Systems designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintain a wide portfolio of traffic management products internationally and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safety and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
Intelligent Traffic Systems is a growing business and one that employs more than 800 people throughout the UK. With our breadth of operation Siemens is able to offer a wide range of exciting career options either in specialist roles including Design Engineering, Production, Software and Hardware Engineering, or in general management such as Personnel, Marketing, Finance or Field Services.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be a team member in various projects under the supervision of a senior member of the team who will mentor and support you
- You will be given tasks appropriate to your experience and presented with opportunities to develop knowledge in new areas
- You will to apply yourself to solving challenges according to your abilities
- You will Develop, construct, test and maintain database architectures
- You will perform Data Modelling
- You will provide Data Warehousing Solutions
- You will perform Systems development
- You will ensure the database is available to all relevant Users, is performing properly and is being kept safe
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- To succeed you will need good numeric, logical and critical thinking skills and will be able to demonstrate significant dedication to your discipline
- Evidence of practical aptitude via personal experience and results will be an advantage
- The ability to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively are important for this role
- Degree in an Engineering or IT related subject. Degree classification 2.2 and above
- Experience in the following:
- SQL, SQL Server2014, SSIS (ETL), SSRS (Reports), Backup & Recovery, Data Security, MySQL
- Indepth Knowledge of database architectures
- Desirable - Cloud and security focused technologies
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach
- Great interpersonal and communication skills are essential as you will need understand customer issues and handle complex and technical queries
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to written documents, adapting the style and content to fit the audience, and to read and understand technical documentation
- The ability to contribute positively in a team working environment
- Work well under pressure, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Good organisational skills and be able to self manage your time
- Demonstrate creative thinking and be open to new ideas
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to meeting pre-defined schedules and deadlines including minor task prioritisation and accurate reporting of status, and acceptance of responsibility for meeting development needs as directed by a Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager or mentor
- Demonstrate an awareness of the technical strategy of the Engineering function. This includes understanding the scope of and boundaries between Engineering functions, and a good awareness of one's own Engineering function
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296329