Delivery Project Manager
The Associates are looking for an technology Delivery Project Manager who plans and manages IT projects focused on the delivery of client solutions and/or the fulfilment of internal business needs. Responsible for leading cross functional teams from project start-up, through to solution delivery, ensuring stated deliverables are met within time, quality and budget constraints. Acquires human and material resources to satisfy project demands and delegates duties to project team members. Represents project team during leadership project reviews. Participates in the continuous improvement of project management standards, practices and tools.
The key responsibilities include:
- Deliver successful project outcomes to stakeholders/clients, based on specific methodology principles and themes (SDLC, Prince2 or equivalent)
- Perform Team Manager role to manage development team on specific projects
- Inspect and review project progress to ensure adherence to project standards; monitor compliance with codes and regulations.
- Identify and manage risk by anticipating barriers to project success and planning mitigation activities
- Communicate with the project board and other key stakeholders as appropriate
The key skills required include:
- Experience leading full life cycle projects specifically working on the supplier side of IT solution delivery
- Experience working and/or managing cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience leading multi-year external client interfacing projects with multi-million dollar budgets
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of project management and process methodologies and project management tools - Microsoft Project experience is essential
- Ability to work with internal and external clients.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Project Management: Proven track record in delivering projects using the PRINCE2 elements of project governance and experience of SDLC.
- Quality Management/Risk Management/Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behaviour.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Cost Management/Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Management of Material Resources: Deploying equipment, facilities, and materials needed to facilitate the successful delivery of the project
- Human resource management/Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
The role will see you work with very capability individuals who take great pride in the work they do both internally and for their customers. The culture is relaxed and the business has a long average staff tenure which can be attributed to the manner in which they treat their staff and the development opportunities in the business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293505