- To support and contribute to relevant applied and collaborative research projects and other activities within DETC, building knowledge, capability and innovative solutions in the Virtual Engineering space for the UK Automotive sector
- Support and contribute to R&D projects in the digital/automotive engineering space using, or developing, appropriate methods and/or techniques
- Contribute to writing research proposals to secure industrial and public funding for approved research projects
- Take responsibility for their own delivery and output
- Ensure outcomes and associated work plans are delivered
- Ensure all project activities contribute to the DETC KPIs and build a legacy capability
- Deliver high quality engineering services to various industrial partners
- Produce high-quality reports and/or publications as required
- Support and deploy commercialisation plans
- Disseminate knowledge to DETC affiliates and the wider member community
- Provide guidance and support to interns/ UG students associated with the common research area
- Ensure compliance within internal processes such as Health and Safety
- Assist with planning and coordination of engineering input from all contributors
- Contribute towards technical deliverables
- Disseminate interim and final results through project reviews and wider presentations
- Assist with other activities to promote DETC, the mission, and the projects
- Capable with MS-Office and 365 suites of tools
- Knowledge of engineering design simulation tools
- Ambition and passion to deliver commercial outcome from generated IP
- Skills to attract future research funding
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Financial, Commercial, and IP awareness
- Good networking, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent DETC internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a highly focused project delivery team
- Flexible with a proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and expertise in using the Unreal Game Engine
- Knowledge in Vehicle visualisation and PBR shading
- Ability to work in a 3DS Max and Maya
- Skills in relevant CAD package (Catia, Solidworks, Autodesk inventor)
- Ability to work in Software packages such as Nuke and Modo
- Research experience including the timely delivery of relevant output
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and executing research projects
- Experience in creating 3D environments
- A good Bachelors degree or extensive and nationally recognised professional expertise in Product Engineering or field with similar skills
- The Digital Engineering and Test Centre (DETC) is a unique joint industry-academic centre of excellence within the Loughborough University London Campus on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London. As part of the company, we develop and use digital engineering tools and techniques to accelerate the development, test and manufacture of automotive propulsion systems.
As an Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) spoke, DETC also brings specific functional, technological and regional capability to the APC network helping to deliver the reality of a Propulsion Nation
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292604