2nd/3rd Line Deskside Support Engineer
We are currently looking a 2nd/3rd Line Deskside Support Engineer to work within a small dedicated team whose main responsibility is to support and manage our Clients Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) at the DXC Leixlip Business Continuity site.
This includes Customer rehearsal support, building of rehearsal hardware and testing of the Operating Systems, after rehearsals cleaning & dismantling of the hardware, support/troubleshooting of technical issues that occur before & during the process and creation of any reports required for support of the site.
- The Rehearsal activity comprises of 60% of the role, remaining time will be utilised maintaining existing hardware assets, office space and associated infrastructure supporting the physical site & meeting its industry standard accreditations.
- Customer rehearsal management includes engagement with the customer in advance to define technical details and contractual equipment required to ensure the smooth running of the rehearsal.
- Building, preparation & testing of the rehearsal environment which could include SAN configuration, Server OS deployment and configuration, LAN networking and configuration of tape Libraries and drives.
- Hosting of customer rehearsal and active support/troubleshooting of any technical issues that occur with their environment. Creation of a Post Rehearsal Report following defined template/standard. Decommission of equipment erasing customer data and dismantling configured hardware.
- The predominant equipment supported is Intel hardware, HPE Tape Libraries, EVA and 3Par SAN and HPE networking. Though it will not be limited to HP manufactured equipment.
- Experience on Wintel hardware & associated peripherals. I.e. Tape drives (Libraries), storage arrays & network switches.
- Good understanding of Microsoft OS, VMware, SAN, Tape Libraries & LAN
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Experience of Business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Good network knowledge & ability to setup & configure SAN & LAN environments would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293470