Senior DevOps (OUTSIDE IR35)
• Job Title: Digital Dev Ops Senior
• CV Submission Deadline: Friday 9th March 2018 @ 1300PM
• Daily Pay Rates: £575 (Negotiable with strong case)
• Hours:7.2 Weekly 36
• Location: Caxton House: Inner London
• Contract Length: Asap to 30/3/19
• Security Clearance Level Required: If successful, the candidate will be required to apply for Security Check (SC) clearance once started; sponsored by DWP
Ideally you will have been a lead DevOps, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining DevOps architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other DevOps team members.
• You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
• Previous experience in building and supporting high volume, public, transactional production platforms and sophisticated automated DevOps environments is essential.
• A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
• Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications.
• Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
• Scripting and object oriented programming skills.
• Experience with automated testing tools relevant to infrastructure integrity.
• Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
• Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service based on a micro-service architecture.
• An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns.
• Good experience in network protocols and their appropriate use.
• Operations team experience
• DevOps & ProdOps best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services. • Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture. • Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process. • Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef. • Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation. • Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems. • Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MongodB, MySQL). • Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS). • Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools. • Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment. • 3rd Line technical support to Production Operations (24x7 on call).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294854