RF Test Technician
A leading global Space & Satellite client based in Portsmouth are currently looking to hire a RF Test Technician to work on several new exciting Satellite projects.
- The AIT RF Test Technician is responsible for performing unit electrical integration, and RF performance testing on satellite payloads and instruments, using Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and manual test equipment.
- This individual is responsible for performing electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle.
- Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using COTS equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
- Run automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
- Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
- Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
- Complete build records to comply with company quality standards.
Essential: Automated test experience/RF measurement techniques in high reliability manufacturing / test area related to communication equipment.
Essential: Electrical and RF communication engineering and measurement techniques, working to test procedures.
Practical / hands on relevant COTS Electrical and RF measurement instruments (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers, PNA / PNA-X and signal Generators).
Desirable: Knowledge of current software applied to measurement systems is desirable, knowledge of automatic test systems and result processing
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292992