Software Delivery Manager - Ecommerce Backend Systems
Software Delivery Manager required with background in the line management of cross functional Agile software delivery teams (BDD / TDD / Continuous Delivery) software development projects using modern technologies / metrics is required by ecommerce giant in West London to assist the team deliver key backend key logistics / fulfilment systems is required by ecommerce giant in West London.
The key skills and experience required for the Software Delivery Manager include:
- Previous experience in line managing software development teams for the delivery of high quality software solutions
- An ambassador for modern agile best practices / Agile processes, but is happy to work with a hybrid Agile / Waterfall approach as the projects has big releases
- Ideally a technical heritage in backend or ecommerce systems is useful with technologies such as Scala, Java, C++, Perl, Python, ESB / Integration projects, API's
- Any knowledge of ecommerce systems such as logistics, fulfilment, sales order management, WMS / Warehousing Management systems payments etc
- Knowledge and understanding of BDD, TDD, continuous delivery and other software development techniques
- Experience of and involvement in use of current and emerging development tools, design principles and technologies
- Know how to win the hearts and minds of developers
- Line management and team optimisation skills are essential
- Experience of managing cross-functional teams essential
- Experience of working with a Product Owner, enabling you to build release plans and define roadmaps
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in translating technical and business strategies into deliverable plans
As a Software Delivery Manager you will lead and manage a team of multi-skilled skilled team of software engineers, automation testers and work closely with the Product Owner dedicated to the ongoing development of critical systems. You will own solution delivery and will be responsible for all aspects of quality and delivery in the development, testing, deployment and production support of software. You will understand and be passionate about modern techniques and toolsets and will take delight in challenging traditional roles and silo mentality and in transforming team productivity.
When you see something broken, you fix it. Your knowledge and facilitation skills will be relied upon to ensure the software meets the business needs. You will understand the importance of re-paying technical debt through refactoring and appreciate the trade-offs between tech debt and business focused tasks. You will be confident in challenging business requests to ensure you are continuously delivering the best possible outcome.
Managing a delivery scrum team, you will partner with the Product Owner and other delivery teams to define the roadmap.
Previous roles might include Agile Development Manager, Software Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, or Software Team Leader or Agile Project Manager with line management skills working on transactional / high volume systems such as ecommerce, online retail, online betting, media, online travel, telecoms, Broadcast, online gaming or retail.
This is an outstanding chance to join a world leading ecommerce company and help deliver critical backend systems.
The company offers a stunning working environment and the chance to develop your career within a large technical function.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295797