Costs Litigation Assistant / Costs Paralegal / Draftsperson
Job Title: Costs Litigation Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The Company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and is a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
The Company are currently looking for a Costs Paralegals / Costs Draftspersons to join their Costs and Budgeting department. They are looking to consider applications from Law Graduates, as full and in-depth training will be provided. However, candidates with experience of working within a Law Costs environment will be at an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach, and be able to respond to rapid changes in working schedules and priorities. For this you will need to be organised and able to communicate clearly with people at all levels. Analytical skills and attention to detail are both essential characteristics. An interest in the law, the legal system and court are all important attributes, too.
The role will involve preparation of summary assessment trial schedules, breakdowns of costs at case conclusion and formal bills where detailed assessment are required. Additionally the candidate will be trained on risk assessment, case progression both in terms of costs negotiations and Detailed Assessment proceedings, and costs budgeting.
What they can offer you
- Salary & Commission - they offer a great starting salary of £18,500 and Commission will be payable once you are running your own cases.
- Definite progression - This is an exciting opportunity with excellent career development prospects for the right candidate. they are able to offer Training Contracts / ACL qualifications.
- Excellent training - in addition to three appraisals per year, they also provide all members of staff with personalised training and development plans, there are regular training sessions provided both costs specific and wider personal injury ones.
- Completion of a legal qualification (LLB, GDL, LPC)
- GCSE Maths at C grade or above
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applicants should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a pressurised and highly motivated team environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
- The role involves the use of IT systems and therefore computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail are essential. Candidate must consistently produce work which is highly accurate and well-presented.
- Candidates with previous billing experience either in-house or for an external supplier of costs drafting services
- Knowledge of time recording procedures
- Working knowledge of the Civil Procedures Rules and Detailed Assessment process
- Costs Master experience
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
The Company Offers:
The Company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death In Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Costs Paralegal, Costs Litigation Assistant, Costs Draftsperson, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Law Graduate, Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Family Law Paralegal, Paralegal, Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293221